Public Liability Insurance
Object of the insurance
The insurer guarantees, within the limits and conditions set forth in the policy, to cover liability (non-contractual) of the insured, as established by current laws, causing personal damage, material damage and consequential damages involuntarily to third parties, by events deriving from the specific risk of the policy.
Benefits from the Insurer
Pursuant to the policy’s coverage conditions, and limited to the sum insured established in its schedule, the insurer shall bear the following expenses:
- Payment to the injured parties or their entitled dependents of the indemnities arising from the liability of the insured.
- The posting of any legal bails required of the insured to guarantee his liability.
- Payment of legal costs and expenses.
- Payment of the fees of the professionals entrusted with the legal defence of the insured against the claim of the injured party.
- Any extra-judicial expenses inherent in the claim that the insured might incur, provided said expenses were incurred with the consent of the insurer.
Coverage and Jurisdiction
The policy’s coverage extends to and is limited to the responsibilities stemming from damages which took place in Spanish territories and are recognized by the Spanish Courts.
Need help understanding the taxation system?
Download the FREE Guide to Taxes for Non-Residents in Spain, written by Raquel Perez, owner of Perez Legal.
Are you buying a property?
Then you need to know the process. Download the FREE Guideline Procedure for Purchasing a Property.
Confused with the legalities of buying a home?
Download the FREE Spain Legal Buying Guide, written by Raquel Perez, owner of Perez Legal Group.
Selling your property?
Get an overview of what is involved by downloading the FREE Guide to Selling Your Spanish Property Legally.
Do you need help planning for the future?
Find out more information on the inheritance system here in Spain by downloading the FREE Inheritance Services book.
Do you pay taxes?
Download the 2019 Tax Payer´s Calendar to find the dates you need to submit your tax declarations.