Driving in Spain

If you have a car with British or German registration, as a tourist, you will be able to operate with the car for six months of each calendar year. With Spain’s entry into the EU, the international insurance certificate is no longer necessary.

Your driving licence from your home country is acceptable for six months in Spain however authorities recommend that you have either an international driving licence or an official translation of your licence, which you can be obtained from the Spanish Consulate in your home country.

The six month period is based on the stay of the person himself in the country. The thing is how do they know whether or not you are driving the car? There is no really effective way to know whether the car is being driven or not.

Contact our English-speaking team for all your legal, property, and accounting needs.

Need help understanding the taxation system?

Download the FREE Guide to Taxes for Non-Residents in Spain, written by Raquel Perez, owner of Perez Legal.

Are you buying a property?


Then you need to know the process. Download the FREE Guideline Procedure for Purchasing a Property.

Confused with the legalities of buying a home?

Download the FREE Spain Legal Buying Guide, written by Raquel Perez, owner of Perez Legal Group.

Selling your property?


Get an overview of what is involved by downloading the FREE Guide to Selling Your Spanish Property Legally.

Do you need help planning for the future?

Find out more information on the inheritance system here in Spain by downloading the FREE Inheritance Services book.

Do you pay taxes?


Download the 2019 Tax Payer´s Calendar to find the dates you need to submit your tax declarations.


MAKING YOUR LIFE EASIER: FREE UK number: 0 20 36 95 23 30 | +34 952 833 169 | info@perezlegalgroup.com |
Open chat
Hello 👋
Can we help you?