Property income and wealth tax for non-residents… how does it affect you?

If you own Spanish property and you’re a non-resident for tax purposes, you must file an annual non-resident income tax declaration, even if you don’t earn income on the property. However, if you earn income on the property you must file returns every quarter. Also, Property Wealth Tax was recently reintroduced by the current government, and is payable on all properties valued above 700,000€.

Don’t worry – Perez Legal Group is up to speed on tax laws affecting residents and non-residents. Our fiscal representation service can take care of all of the necessary paperwork and work out your tax liability, thereby relieving you of the hassle and worry of dealing with legal and fiscal matters in a foreign language.

We can file your resident annual tax return or your non-resident income and wealth property tax!

Perez Legal Group’s Fiscal Representation Services can do this for you…

  • Calculate the amount of tax due on the ratable value of your property and the number of days you have owned it (if you bought or sold last year), making sure that you don’t pay more than necessary.
  • Fill in the forms for you with your personal and property information.
  • Submit your forms to the tax office in the capacity of your fiscal representatives in Spain, thereby assuming the responsibility of receiving formal communications and proving timely responses.
  • Represent you throughout the fiscal year with regards to communications received from the Tax Office.

All you need to do is call us on 952 833 169 or email to arrange an appointment to find out which tax affects you. Tell us the details, such as rateable value, council tax, ownership, rental income and whether you’re a resident or non-resident owner, and we can do the rest.